To capture NAP feedback, CPSA used a web-based electronic-response tool developed using SurveyMonkey®.
Electronic responses (using a Likert scale) were required to three statements for each recommendation :
- This recommendation is clear.
- It would be feasible for me to follow this recommendation in my usual practice setting.
- I support this recommendation.
- Strongly Disagree
- Neither Agree nor Disagree
- Strongly Agree
- N/A (offered an option for NAP members not able to give an opinion)
In addition , NAP members had the option of providing open-ended comments or information they would like to add. Members were requested to comment if they felt a recommendation lacked clarity or was not feasible. If they did not support a recommendation, respondents were requested to provide their rationale and identify what changes would be necessary for them to support
Consensus for a recommendation was predefined as at least 80% of responders indicating they agreed or strongly agreed with the statement “I support this recommendation”.
Note: NAP members responding to a statement using “N/A,” were removed from the denominator calculating consensus .