Numbering of Tables and Figures
Tables and Figures are numbered to correspond with the associated section in Part A, and the associated recommendation in Part B, e.g.,
- Table A-11.1 is located in Part A, section 11.1.
- Table B-12.1 is located in Part B, under Recommendation 12.
For Part B, the recommendations are organized into three sections: Recommendation Statement, Discussion, and Summary of Peer-Reviewed Evidence. For recommendations with Grade-C only support, the "Summary of Peer-Reviewed Evidence" is omitted.
Acronyms used in Part B
- CNCP = chronic non-cancer pain
- CPG = clinical practice guideline
- CR = controlled release
- FDA = Food and Drug Administration
- IR = immediate release
- LTOT = long-term opioid therapy
- MEQ = morphine equivalent
- NA = not applicable
- NRS = numeric rating scale
- OIH = Opioid-induced Hyperalgesia
- ORT = Opioid Risk Tool
- PDI = pain disability index
- RCT = randomized controlled trial
- UDS = urine drug screening